‘Cross-cultural mission at our door-steps’ was the motivation to establish MMM. People from Myanmar constitute the 3rd largest foreign group in Malaysia, with the number exceeding 100,000.
In 2005, under the guidance of bro. Loh Ah Asiau of Gospel Outreach Worldwide, the MMM Board with the help of Elder Philip Cin Suan Nang of Dagon Christian Assembly in Yangon, arranged for the service of full-time worker cum bible school teacher, to spearhead the Myanmar people out-reach work in Malaysia.
By God’s grace, this brother provided by the Lord was able to come in August 2005 and he has since been serving in Kuala Lumpur.
Vision and Mission
MMM ministry focuses on:
- For the Myanmar foreign workers and refugees in Malaysia :
- Bible teaching and pastoral care
- For Myanmar: In partnership with local assemblies to plant new churches. •Bible teaching and pastoral care.
Programme / Activities / Plans:
- Seek out, gather together and provide pastoral care to Myanmar Brethren who may be refugees or foreign workers in predominantly KL and PJ areas.
- Provide weekly worship venues for three separate congregations, i.e. in Gospel Hall Kuala Lumpur, The Life Chapel (PJ) and a rented 2nd floor shop lot in the Sg. Besi area.
- Reach out to other Myanmar people in KL and PJ areas.
- Conduct small group meetings for Myanmar people in KL and PJ areas.
- In conjunction with ministering to the Myanmar community in KL and PJ areas, to provide basic education for refugee children.
- Church planting work in Myanmar.
- Provide assistance to improve the livelihood of Brethren in Myanmar via ‘Livelihood Projects’.